KRCB TV Program Manager
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County, California-based public television and radio non-profit organization, is looking for a TV Program Manager to create broadcast program schedules for KRCB’s television channels and manage KRCB’s presentation of online video.
Responsibilities include creating program schedules that reflect the needs and interests of viewers in the San Francisco Bay Area; selecting program offerings from PBS, APT, NETA and other program distributors and independent producers; maintaining program inventory and managing program rights; supervising broadcast traffic staff; working in partnership with digital staff to manage video presentation on the KRCB website and other digital platforms. Additional duties include acting as the primary liaison to recommend regional programs to national distributors; maintaining contracts and budgets for acquisitions; and maintaining broadcast records in accordance with FCC rules and regulations.
- Hands-on experience with TV broadcast programming
- Proficient at using ProTrack TV scheduling software and file database management
- Demonstrated understanding of the creative, business and technical considerations of the TV programming pipeline, including server file management and tech specs for broadcast files
- Management experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate with others on joint projects and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in public media, with an emphasis in the areas of programming, traffic and operations
- Experience using website content management systems and directing the presentation of media on the web, as well as managing social media platform activity
- Self-starter who can take direction and work independently
- Strong research skills
Non-profit. EOE. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
Master Control Operator
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based (Rohnert Park) public television station, seeks a Master Control Operator. Duties include recording and quality assurance checking of satellite video feeds, broadcast station operations, on-air switching of programs, record keeping, and maintenance of station logs
This entry-level position requires a detail-oriented, conscientious individual who is highly organized and self-directed. In addition to computer skills, the successful candidate must be available to work weekends, evenings, and early morning shifts, sometimes on short notice.
Part-time, benefits eligible position, will train the right person. Non-profit. EOE. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
Open until filled.
KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.