Sheriff candidate Capt. Mark Essick is the closest thing to an incumbent running in the current sheriff's race.
• Technology company IBM is proposing to get into the education business in California.
A few weeks back, we covered a meeting on the Sonoma State campus about our October wildfires and lessons to be learned.
• After the latest school shooting, the California Assembly has passed a bill that would allow coworkers and teachers to seek gun violence restraining orders.
As election day approaches, we're talking with candidates for Sheriff of Sonoma County.
• The Trump administration is rolling back the policy for housing transgender prisoners to be based on birth sex rather than gender identity.
• The Mental Health Services Act has long supplied the bulk of funding for California counties to prevent and treat mental illness among Medi-Cal patients.
• A California Assembly investigation into complaints of sexual harassment by Democrat Cristina Garcia has found the most severe allegations to be unsubstantiated.