Radio News Reporter/Producer
Can you create compelling audio stories?
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based public television and radio non-profit organization, seeks a half-time radio reporter/producer and web journalist. Applicant should have at least two years broadcast news experience, write exceptionally well, and be skilled in digital audio editing, ideally with ProTools experience.
The successful candidate will be fluent in social media, knowledgeable about current events in the North Bay, and able to juggle multiple deadlines. Duties will include, but not be limited to: producing audio stories for radio, field reporting, participating in long-term news operation planning as well as posting/illustrating web reports on krcb.org and social media. Experience in public media is a plus.
This is a half-time, benefits eligible position with opportunity for advancement. Must be within commuting distance and have own car. Spanish speaker a plus. Non-profit. EEO. KRCB does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
KRCB North Bay Public Media, a Sonoma County-based public television and radio non-profit organization, is looking for a Project Assistant who will provide general administrative support to the Underwriting team, the Production Manager and the Content Manager.
Responsibilities include office and clerical work such as maintaining our Salesforce database, researching and drafting sponsorship proposals, corresponding with underwriting sponsors, occasional transcriptions and various grant reporting requirements. Additional duties include tracking cross-platform promotional activities, volunteer recruitment and support, event planning and logistics, and marketing support for broadcast, print and social media campaigns.
• Willing to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings
• Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must possess strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Minimum of intermediate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, mail merge and database tasks.
• Maintain Salesforce database and Excel worksheets and timelines
• Communicate with sponsors and community partners via email, phone and email marketing software
• Provide event planning support for community events, coordinate logistics and provide on-site event support
• Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to collaborate with others on joint projects and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to quick changes in priorities
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience using social media platforms and email marketing software such as MailChimp or Emma
• Interest in marketing, project management, community relations
• Self-starter who can take direction and work independently
• Strong research skills